We’re tracking all kinds of information related to the VW Settlement. You can find key contacts, information about state activities like public comment periods, and assessment of the EV community on where the money will be spent. Scroll through and find the dashboard you’re looking for.
Want to give us an update? You can either send an email to email@example.com or directly edit the Excel spreadsheet on the Atlas EV Hub SharePoint site linked here. If you’re unsure about what any of the data means, see the Data Dictionary below the dashboard.
Allocate Funds for EV Charging
State Progress, Public Comment Requests, and Legislation
Figure out what’s going on in the states. This 4-page dashboard includes:
Overall progress in the state on qualifying for the VW Settlement funds, including the likely beneficiary, the state-specific settlement website, and the draft mitigation plan.
Public comment period or requests for information.
State legislation aimed at designating how VW Settlement funds are to be used.
Table of VW settlement funds, EV sales, and NOx emissions by state.
Using VW Settlement Funds for EV Charging
Learn how states are considering using VW Settlements funds for EV charging. We ask members of the EV community key questions about the use of funds for EV charging — will funds be used for EV charging and what’s the likelihood of that happening? The data in this dashboard are a result of that “crowd-sourced” information and is subject to change. This 3-page dashboard includes:
Presence and status of efforts to use VW Settlement funds for EV charging.
A charging infrastructure map to help you understand potential implications of the use of VW Settlement funds for EV charging.
State-level EV sales over time to help you understand the potential impacts on EV adoption of using VW settlement funds for EV charging.
VW Settlement Contacts
View a dashboard of key contacts on the settlement. Quickly find a contact based on the type of organization, state, and the status of settlement activities.
Below is a description of all the data presented in the dashboard above.
- State: All states plus the District of Columbia. The table should have only one row for each jurisdiction.
- Allocate up to 15% for EVSE: What is the current assessment of the state using up to 15% of the fund’s allocation for EV charging?
- Effort to use VW Funds for EV Infrastructure: Is there an ongoing effort to use up to 15% of the funds for EV charging?
- State Applied for Beneficiary Status: Has the state applied for beneficiary status? Note, this occurs after a Trustee is named.
- Trustee Designated Beneficiaries: What is the name of the state-specific beneficiary?
- State Submitted Mitigation Plans: Has the state submitted a mitigation plan? Note, this occurs after a beneficiary is named.
- Leading Organizations Involved in Requesting up to 15% for EVSE: The names of organizations taking an active role in the use of these funds for EV charging.
- Stakeholder Contacts: Key contacts from government, NGOS, and industry. These stakeholders should be listed in the EV Directory.
- Notes: General Notes about the state.
- Next Steps: A description of anticipated next steps.
- Website: Public-facing website related to this effort.